Beginner’s Guide to CBD Edibles
By entering this website, you agree that you're of legal age in your state to purchase hemp and CBD products.
Falsifying your age for the purposes of purchasing products from this website is illegal and punishable by law!
Beginner’s Guide to CBD Edibles
If you’ve found yourself swept up in the exciting CBD trend, you’ve likely discovered that there is a near-limitless variety of ways to add this plant-based compound to your day-to-day routine. One of the most popular CBD products out there presents CBD in edible form, making it easy and delicious to try CBD for yourself.
We’ve created a handy guide that explores everything you want to know about CBD edibles, taking a deep dive into what exactly CBD edibles are, how they’re made, and more.
What are CBD Edibles?
CBD edibles include snacks, beverages, and other edible products enhanced with the addition of CBD, also known as cannabidiol. CBD is one of the many naturally-occurring molecules in the Cannabis genus, with most of today’s CBD products specifically sourced from the hemp plant.
How are CBD Edibles Made?
While the production process varies depending on the specific type of CBD edible, CBD edibles are generally made by adding CBD extract to an edible product such as a gummy, snacks or chocolate bar. Some CBD edibles use CBD isolate (a pure form of CBD), while others use full-spectrum CBD, a form that includes a mix of other plant-based vitamins, minerals, and other natural compounds.
Are CBD Edibles Legal?
Yes, as long as CBD edibles contain no more than 0.3% THC, they are federally legal for sale and interstate transport. However, CBD edibles that contain more than 0.3 percent THC are classified as a marijuana product and are subject to the regulations of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA)
Different Types of CBD Edibles
There are many different kinds of CBD edibles, with the list only continuing to grow as brands get more creative with how they develop new ways to enjoy CBD. From gummies to beverage enhancers, CBD edibles come in a wide variety of types. Here are just a few of the most common CBD edibles you’re likely to see when shopping for CBD:
- Beverage drops or beverage enhancers can be a liquid or powder CBD product, designed to be added to water, smoothies, and other beverages. Usually, CBD beverage drops are packaged in an easy-to-use dropper-style bottle. You can find a variety of flavor options, including various fruit flavors like berry and citrus.
- CBD gummies and chews are similar to standard gummy snacks, except they contain CBD as an active ingredient. Most CBD gummies are offered in a mix of traditional fruity flavors like sour apple, raspberry, and strawberry, while some include added natural ingredients like spirulina and turmeric.
- CBD bars made with chocolate, coconut, mint, and other popular snack flavors are a tasty way to enjoy your CBD.
- CBD-infused beverages, including CBD water and other drinks, presents CBD into a convenient beverage form that you can easily take on the go.
- CBD soft gels are similar in appearance to vitamin soft gel capsules, but their primary ingredient is CBD instead of supplements.
- CBD coffee is one of the newer edible products out there and is a great option for anyone that loves a morning cup of joe. High-quality CBD is added to freshly-ground beans for a final product that can be added to your daily morning routine.
How to Use CBD Edibles
CBD edibles are one of the most straightforward ways to use CBD – all you have to do is eat and enjoy the CBD edible of your choice. If you’re new to CBD edibles, it’s a good idea to go slow for the best experience. Unlike a bag of your favorite chips or a king-sized snack bar, you probably don’t want to eat an entire package of CBD edibles all at once. Taking it slowly makes it easier to customize your experience to suit your personal preferences and needs.
CBD vs. THC Edibles
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the second most-prevalent molecule present in the Cannabis genus, with the first being tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). There are a few differences between CBD and THC edibles, including:
- CBD edibles do not have intoxicating effects, but THC edibles may produce psychoactive results.
- CBD edibles are commonly sourced from hemp plants, while THC edibles are made using marijuana plants.
- CBD edibles are federally legal for sale and interstate transport, while THC edibles are prohibited federally.
- According to the World Health Organization, CBD edibles show no signs of being addictive.
Tips for Buying CBD Edibles Online
While some people find CBD edibles at their local dispensary or natural foods store, many CBD consumers shop online for their CBD products of choice. While shopping for CBD online obviously offers major benefits in terms of convenience, it can be difficult to know exactly what will show up on the delivery day.
If you’re feeling uncertain about how to buy CBD edibles online, the good news is that there are excellent retailers out there who offer top-notch products from reputable brands. A few easy tips can help you be a smart CBD shopper, making it easier to save your hard-earned cash for CBD edibles that won’t disappoint:
- Know that you get what you pay for. If the price of a CBD edible seems too good to be true, it probably is. Instead of going with the cheapest option available, invest your money in properly-made CBD edibles with quality, natural ingredients.
- Read customer reviews. Check out customer ratings and reviews to get an idea of a certain product’s strengths and weaknesses, so you can decide if it’s the right fit for you.
- Don’t be afraid to try a variety of products and brands. Finding the perfect CBD edibles to add to your routine can involve a bit of trial and error, so don’t hesitate to order a mix of brands and product types.
Common CBD Edibles Brands
There are many high-quality, reputable CBD brands with CBD edible products for sale, with options to suit a mix of needs and lifestyles. When you’re new to shopping for CBD edibles, it can be helpful to sample products from different brands to get an idea of your favorites.
Here are just a few of the great CBD edibles brands currently leading the industry:
Browse Delicious, High-Quality CBD Edibles for Sale from DirectCBD
When you’re looking for where to buy CBD edibles, we know that you have a few key priorities in mind: quality, purity, and of course, flavor. At DirectCBD, we carry a wide selection of premium CBD edibles including beverage drops, CBD gummies, snack bars, chews, CBD-infused water, and more. Here, you can find a great variety of name-brand CBD products to add to your daily routine, making it easy and delicious to incorporate CBD into your lifestyle. And if CBD edibles just aren’t for you, don’t worry – we have plenty of other great CBD products to choose from.