Beginner's Guide to CBD Tinctures
By entering this website, you agree that you're of legal age in your state to purchase hemp and CBD products.
Falsifying your age for the purposes of purchasing products from this website is illegal and punishable by law!
Beginner’s Guide to CBD Tinctures
If it seems like everyone around you is talking about CBD, that’s because this unique, plant-based molecule has been taking the world by storm over the course of the last few years. CBD is popping up as an ingredient in everything from smoothies and gummies to pet treats and body creams, and a growing number of people are making CBD a part of their lifestyle. For anyone interested in trying CBD, there’s a wealth of choices when it comes to how to enjoy it – so many, in fact, that it can be tough to know where to start. DirectCBD is here to guide you through your CBD shopping process, which is why we’ve created a variety of resources that include everything you need to know about this incredible molecule and the many products it has inspired. This handy guide will walk you through CBD tinctures, one of the most common ways to experience CBD, making it easier to choose an option that fits your CBD goals.
What is CBD?
Before you can understand different CBD products, it’s critical to learn a few CBD basics. CBD is the shorthand term used to refer to cannabidiol, a naturally-occurring molecule of the Cannabis plant genus. CBD is a cannabinoid, which is a type of plant-based molecule; the other cannabinoid you might have heard of is THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol. THC and CBD are the two Cannabis components that have been researched and studied the most by scientists, and are also generally the most well-known.
Despite sharing a source within the Cannabis plant genus, CBD and THC are actually quite different. CBD is generally derived from hemp that’s been specifically bred for high CBD levels and low THC content. Conversely, THC is typically associated with marijuana plants, which are generally lower in CBD content.
CBD and THC have different purposes and are used in very different ways, and are also treated differently under state and federal laws. The majority of widely-available CBD products are formulated with 0.3 percent or less THC, distinguishing them from other cannabis-sourced CBD options.
What is a CBD Tincture?
A CBD tincture is a liquid presentation of CBD, combining CBD extract with a variety of carrier oils. In a CBD tincture, the CBD-rich flowers of the hemp plant are traditionally steeped in a high-proof grain alcohol, vinegar or glycerin, then steeping them for several hours on low heat. After the steeping process is complete, the product will usually be blended with a carrier oil to make the resulting product easter to consume.
How to Use a CBD Tincture
Because CBD tinctures contain highly concentrated amounts of CBD, they are often administered using a graduated dropper or built-in dropper. You can easily enjoy CBD tinctures in a variety of ways, such as adding it to your food or drink.
Common CBD Tincture Brands
When you’re shopping for CBD tinctures, there are a handful of brands that should be on your radar. The CBD industry has exploded in size, welcoming countless new manufacturers and a mile-long list of brands to the market – so it can be tough to know which ones are right for you. These CBD brands have established a solid reputation for putting considerable care into producing high-quality tinctures, utilizing premium ingredients to create top-of-the-line products.
Here are a few of the brand names you can trust when considering your options for CBD tinctures:
- Koi CBD: Created using all-natural hemp grown in America, Koi CBD products lead the market, as Koi works tirelessly to limit the amount of solvents, additives, and pesticides you might find in other, lower-quality options. Each batch of Koi CBD products undergoes rigorous testing to guarantee quality and consistency.
- Green Roads: An ideal option for the CBD Connoisseur with sky-high standards, Green Roads’ CBD products are formulated with an optimized combination of CBD and other plant-based components. Green Roads lives up to their reputation fully, and has won industry awards for their excellent lineup of products.
- CBDfx: CBDfx products utilize full-spectrum CBD, providing options that include CBD in addition to other naturally-occurring vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, terpenes, and more. This brand strikes the right balance of affordability and high quality, so you won’t have to sacrifice well-made products for a budget-friendly price.
- GRN CBD: GRN CBD crafts a varied selection of CBD products that have been sourced from organically-grown hemp. If you’re looking for a full-spectrum CBD tincture that is 100% vegan-friendly, for instance, GRN CBD is a perfect place to start.
- Savage CBD: Savage CBD products feature all-natural, hemp-derived CBD as well as an array of other naturally-sourced ingredients. The brand develops affordable yet high-quality CBD products for both human and pet use, and has ensured stringent third-party testing on every single batch.
Shop CBD Tinctures for Sale from DirectCBD
If you’re interested in trying a CBD tincture for yourself, don’t waste your time with low-quality or poorly-formulated blends. DirectCBD offers a great selection of pure, well-tested CBD tinctures, offering you a wide range of options to suit your lifestyle. We carry the top brands in the industry, so you can be confident that you’re choosing from a variety of reputable, responsibly-made tinctures that you’re sure to love.
Browse our selection of CBD tinctures to find the right match for your CBD goals, and contact our friendly customer support team for answers to all your CBD questions.